Sunday, June 20, 2010

Starting blog at Day 2 of VLCD

I saw that a few others had done blogs documenting their progress on the HCG diet and I thought this was a great idea. I'm hoping it will be motivating and will also possibly help others get through it as well. I wish I had thought to do this on Wednesday, 5 days ago, when I started this, but now I'll have to play catch up.

On Wednesday my HCG arrived in the mail. I am doing the sublingual version (oral drops) and I purchased a 2 oz bottle. I got the bottle in the afternoon but I was so excited I decided to start it right away. I tried to eat as much as possible the day, but I know I didn't eat that much. I did have a large blueberry muffin and a vanilla latte that night, which were delicious.

On Thursday I continued the drops, taking 10 drops 3 times a day. I had my usual vanilla coffee with cream in the morning, plus a sausage breakfast sandwich, an apple turnover mid afternoon, pizza for lunch, another apple turnover...and I'm not sure what else I had. I did my best to load it up.

On Friday my weight was 139.6. For the last day of loading, I had an especially large coffee in the morning since I knew I wouldn't be able to have my coffee with cream and vanilla for a while. I then proceeded to have a sausage breakfast sandwich, lots of pizza, steak with potatoes and some creamy sauce, cookies, wine, etc.

Saturday my weight was 138.2. Kinda nice that I lost weight despite eating all that junk food. I am still floundering a bit on exactly what to eat and when to eat it, but I did my best. I wasn't actually even hungry in the morning, which is unusual for me. I had my drops and drank lots of tea. Around 11 am I had a melba toast. I didn't get lunch until about 2:30, when I had 3.5 oz of chicken.

I had misunderstood the diet and thought that you were supposed to only have 1 fruit, 1 toast, and 1 veggie throughout the day. Later that afternoon I re-read it and realized my mistake. I then ate an apple and a tomato along with my chicken for dinner. Later that night I ate some strawberries and an orange. I "cheated" and had an additional melba toast, which put my calories at 505 for the day. Overall it was much easier than on thought.

Sunday, day 2 of low calorie diet. Weight was 138.2, very disappointing. I did realize that on Saturday I had 3 fruits and 1 vegetable instead of 2 fruits and 2 vegetables, so that may have made some difference.

I had tea for breakfast and then a melba toast with a tomato at about 9:30. I ate some strawberries at about 11am. I had a 3.5 oz steak at about 12:30pm. At this point I realized that I am not supposed to have beef twice a day, yet unfortunately that's what I have already for dinner and I have no way to make anything else :( I had a cucumber at about 2:30.

For dinner I will have 2 oz of steak instead of the 3.5 oz I had prepared. I then also have 1 more melba toast and an apple to eat. I have been trying to drink more actual water today, since yesterday I just drank tea and very little plain water. I also had about 2 oz of coffee this morning with 1 tablespoon of milk. The total calories should come out to about 460 for the day.

Tomorrow's post will be better since I won't be trying to play catch up and remember what happened. Hopefully I will also see some movement in my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment